Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ink N Sleaze review (Holland)

Alright, this band is called Mighty High, and their album is called “In Drug City” so whatya think the songs are about?
Right, their about drugs, gettin’ high and scoring shit.

The music on this disc reminds me of old-school Motörhead.. but with a bigger punk influence and maybe some AC/DC. No time for slowing down these songs start fast and end fast. This is loud, fast and drugfueled music and I love it.

“Hooked On Drugs” starts off with an AC/DC kinda feel but as soon as you get used to it the Motörhead drive takes over the song. The vocals really fit the music on this album.. it’s aggressive and loud, just like the music.

The song “Mighty High” is a real punk tune. I dunno how this band does it but it seems like every song on this album makes me wanna bang my head (even though I’m still recovering from a really bad fever and my head feels like I’ve been drinking Jack allnite) and just chant along with the chorusses. This song makes me wanna do just that maybe most of all..

“Buy The Pound” was a suprise for me, ‘cos this song has got a nice blues feel to it. I love the distorted slide guitar intro and the bassline is killer. And i think the vocals contain the most emotions on this song, the emotions being frustration, anger and whatever else falls into this categorie.

So if your into old-school Motörhead, AC/DC and punk, you should devinatly get your fat ass off your chair and go buy this damn record! Though I think you can better order it on the internet.. So just keep your fat ass in your chair and order it!


http://inknsleaze.wordpress.com/2009/02/04/a-stone-get-off/

No comments: